Welcome!

Aaron is walking around America. This blog exists to help him connect with people while he is away and for anyone who is interested in following him on the path. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Notes on Hitchhiking

I have a little hitchhiking synopsis I would like to share that I did not add to the last post:


1. People love hitchhikers, they just do not seem to love picking them up. Especially young people. Young girls on the way to town or the beach smiled and waived and gave me the peace sign many times. Young men in their Honda's with their loud mufflers and booming bass speakers honked and smiled mischievously and gave me a thumbs up. I waived and smiled and returned the playful gestures each time.

2. Even on a cool day, hitching a ride is thirsty work. Maybe it was all the concrete around me, but it was hard standing in the sun, even with the rushing wind of all the cars that refused to give me a lift trying to cool me down, it was sometimes uncomfortable in the heat. When I finally reached my destination my water containers were getting very low. Makes me wonder about all those times I passed by hitchhikers on a hot summers day or in the rain or at night...

3. Hitchhiking is Fun! I had a blast. It was so cool to do this thing that I had never done before. Meeting and talking to new people I had no idea even existed. People are so interesting. They all have their own little quirks and stories to tell. After a day of hitchhiking, I think that this is probably going to be one of those ways where my "walking" journey evolves into some other kind of journey that includes hitchhiking in more regular intervals.

Stay tuned. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron! I am having a lot of fun reading about your adventures and I love your writing. Your words paint pictures in my mind as well as giving me pause for much thought. Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for following along and for your excellent comment. A surefire way to puff me up is to say nice things about the words I write.

    Sucker for compliments that I have always been...

    Hope things are going well at the library. Thank you again for your support! Be well and full of peace.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow Great i am in searching of this Post . You Explain the Topic Very Well . Thanks And you can also know about curtains by Visit this site

    ReplyDelete